Our Parish Councillors for Moreton are: Mr Stuart Powell, Mr Tony Innamorati and Mrs Jenny Tomkinson who are part of the Gnosall Parish Council. Name of Moreton Church: St Mary's
Old Pub Names: The Rising Sun Moreton and is situated down Post Office Lane, it is now closed and is a house. The Plough which is now a house and is situated down Heath Road, Bromstead.
The Tavern Inn, in Outwoods, which is now a house.
Moreton Village Hall Name: The Millennium Community Centre, located up Church Lane opposite the old school. The Old Victorian School is now closed, and is located up Church Lane Moreton, and has been changed in to a house.
The Old Post Office which is now a house. This was located down Post Office Lane, Moreton. The old village shop, now closed, was called The Stores and was located down Post Office Lane Moreton, and is now a house. The old blacksmith shop is now a house, and was located down Pooley Lane, Moreton.
As well as the Church there is a thriving Community Centre built in 1999. It was officially opened by HRH The Princess Royal in 2000. The Millennium Community Centre, Moreton. The Centre provides a home for several sporting clubs, local groups and music and entertainment. The Millennium Community Centre was partly funded by a Millennium Commission Grant with monies also from the sale of the village school. It stands on land formerly occupied by the Church Hall and for this reason the church is allowed an amount of free use of rooms within the Centre.
Moreton is a small rural village in Staffordshire, England. It lies 3.5 miles (5.6 km) south-west from Gnosall former railway station, and 4 miles (6.4 km) south-east from Newport, both on the Stafford and Shrewsbury section of the former London and North Western Railway
Two notable sites in the village are the village community hall built in 2000 and St. Mary's Church. The church of St. Mary's is a stone building, in the Italian style, and was erected in 1837; it consists of chancel, transepts and nave, with tower and six bells, and seats 100 people approximately. One other local site which is now a privately-owned home is the school, which at one point had over one hundred students from Moreton and its hamlets. Considering the size of the village (roughly 50-60 houses), the lack of more facilities is understandable. The village is made up primarily of three roads: Heath Lane, Post Office Lane and Church Lane. Both the village hall and church are located on Church Lane, nearer to where the Lane joins Post Office Lane.
Moreton ecclesiastical parish was formed on April 26, 1845, from the parish of Gnosall, although it remained in Gnosall parish for civil purposes. Until the mid 1870s, it was referred to as a hamlet of Gnosall, and can be found, prior to 1880, described with the history of Gnosall. However, by 1880 it had developed sufficiently to be referred to separately, with its own 'satellite' hamlets: Bromstead Heath, Great Chatwell, Coley, Outwoods and Wilbrighton.