01952 691131 Welcome To The Mobstead News Website
Welcome to the Mobstead News Website
Serving the Villages of
Moreton, Outwoods & Bromstead,
Website Designed by David Winterbottom
Sammy (Short for Samson)
Post Office Lane, Summer 1957
Moreton Primary School
Some Pupils in the picture are from top left:
Peter Moss, Richard Anslow, Derek Worrell
Taken in 1957
Moreton National School (Mixed) was built in 1840/1846, 'including a house for the mistress', & enlarged in 1870 & 1895, for 94 - 120 children. The stone was given by John COTES esq. of Woodcote, who also gave the stone & the land for St. Mary's church (erected 1837/38, at a cost of about £1,000 raised by subscription.)
In 1868/70 the school master & mistress were
Charles & Mrs Mary Ann HOTCHKISS.
In 1881, Charles & Mrs Mary MASAI.
In 1900, George A. BEVAN.
In 1912, William J. FLAMENK.
Fanny (nee Venables) & Charles Hall - parents to over 20 children - Post Office Lane, Moreton
History of Moreton - Old Pictures of People Living in Moreton
Moreton United Football Club 1968 - 1992